The COVID-19 crisis has impacted all of us, but those just beginning their careers have been hit especially hard. Over 50% of summer internships have been canceled around the world and students have been forced to reconsider their career plans. We surveyed over 2000 of our candidates to better understand how the crisis has impacted them.
1. How would you rate remote learning at your university?
Rating vs. Career Path
2. When do you expect universities to return to normal on-campus teaching?
2. Was your summer internship impacted by COVID-19?
3. Have you considered changing your career path or major due to COVID-19?
Considering a Change vs. Career Path
4. Will you take a “gap year” next year?
Considering a Gap Year vs. Career Path
4. If you did take a “gap year,” what would you do?
5. Has COVID-19 impacted your plans to obtain a college degree?
6. How would you feel if your first job was remote?
7. How has COVID-19 impacted the importance of an internship?
*Methodology: CareerUp partnered with Google Forms to survey 2104 program applicants. The survey was conducted from May 20th – June 1st, 2020.