Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all Participants or Applicants to the Program offered by Remote Internships.
Definitions Within this Agreement;
- “Candidate”, “you” or “your” means the Participant.
- “the Company”, “we”, “us” or “our” means Remote Internships.
- “Initial Deposit” or “Deposit” means the part of the Program Fee that must be paid by you prior to payment of the balance of the Program fee (such balance being payable in accordance with section 8 below) in order to secure your place on the Program.
Participant means a participant on the Program and Participants means all and any Participant.Placement Deadline means 7 days prior to the date, agreed upon with you in advance, that the Program begins or 21 days after the Deposit has been paid, whichever is later.Program means any remote internship, training, or similar offering offered by Remote Internships.Program Fee means the sum of the Deposit and the remaining balance, payable by you to us in accordance with the relevant sections below.Remote Internships is a tradename of SK Pacific, INC. a corporation registered in Canada having its registered office at 6910 Clark Street, Suite #7, Montreal, Canada.
By paying the Deposit or the Program Fee to Us, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions as described below.
In return for the receipt by Us of the Program fee, We agree, subject to these terms and conditions, to do the following:
- Provide the Participant an unpaid, remote internship placement with a company abroad;
- To provide the Participant with access to a personal Career Coach prior to the start of their remote internship for Career Development advice and Resume & Linkedin Review.
- To provide the Participant with 12 months of online Business & Skills training through SkillShare.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Our responsibilities are limited solely to those set out in this Section (2).
Suitability of Participants
1. We retain all rights to reject the application of any person We deem unsuitable for our Program, at our own discretion.
- Your Application Fee is fully refundable if you are not qualified for any positions and not accepted to the Program.
- Your application fee is not included in the total Tuition Cost
- Your application is not refundable if you decide to opt out of the program before your matching process is completed
Deposit and Tuition Fee
- The Deposit is non-refundable unless the Candidate is not provided an remote internship position, the Program continuation has been declined by Remote Internships without the Participant’s consent, or a refund is decided at the Company’s discretion.
- Your Initial Deposit is in return for a service; with the fee being solely used to reserve your position in the Program and cover certain related administrative expenses. Upon receiving your Initial Deposit, Remote Internships agrees to place you in an remote internship 7 days prior to the date, agreed upon with you in advance, that the Program begins or 21 days after the Deposit has been paid, whichever is later. Most participants choose to continue the search process beyond the Placement Deadline. Unless a written request for a refund is sent by you to the Company, the Placement Deadline will be extended until 7 days prior to the agreed upon date or until you request a refund. The placement guarantee and Deposit refund policy are subject to cancelation and nullification at the at the Company’s discretion in cases of force majeure.
- Upon payment of your Initial Deposit, you agree to fully cooperate with Remote Internships in its attempts to find you a placement and agree to do so until the passing of the Placement Deadline. Failure to fully cooperate will void your right to a Deposit refund. Examples of non-cooperation include, but are not limited to:
- Not actively working with your assigned representatives from Remote Internships. Examples of not actively working with representatives includes not responding to key communications within 48 hours;
- Skipping or missing scheduled remote internship interview;
- Not taking an interview seriously or conducting yourself in an unprofessional manner during an interview;
- Not engaging in relevant discussions with your remote internship coordinator;
- Allowing the placement process to be delayed due to missing agreed payment due dates or other deadlines;
- Refusing an remote internship that was included in your placement offer or subsequently agreed upon by the Candidate;
- Unreasonably refusing internships offered to you;
- Withdrawing from the program before the Placement Deadline;
- If Remote Internships is unable to place the Candidate in an remote internship role before the initial Placement Deadline, you have the option (1) to withdraw from the Program, by submitting a written request, and receive a refund of your Initial Deposit and all other Program payments made by you (“Full Refund”), or (2) Remote Internships will continue the search process until you are placed; you submit a written request for a refund; or 2 days prior to the agreed upon date.
- All Program fees must, unless an alternative schedule for payment is arranged and approved by a member of our staff in writing, be paid in full to Us within 7 days of receipt of remote internship placement notification or two weeks before the proposed departure date of the Participant (whichever is sooner) or the placement can be cancelled at our discretion and no refunds given unless by prior arrangement.
- Accounts not paid within 30 days of the date of the invoice due date are subject to a 2% monthly finance charge.
- All Remote Internships program fees and payments are listed in USD ($).
Request to Cancel, Vary Participation on the Program and Refunds
- In the event that a Candidate has completed a full or partial payment of the amount of the Program fee and desires to cancel a successful remote internship placement, no refund will be issued by the Company.
- If a candidate currently paying his tuition with an installment plan and having not completed the total payment of the entire tuition desires to cancel a successful remote internship placement, the remaining tuition will be due immediately.
- Unless a previous agreement has been established, if a Candidate requests to change his remote internship start date, remote internship end date or any details of the remote internship duration, Remote Internships is allowed to charge a US$400 (as applicable) schedule change fee. If the request from the Candidate is not sent to Remote Internships within 3 weeks prior to the scheduled remote internship start date, Remote Internships has the right to refuse the request.
- Unless previously agreed, if a Participant wants to extend or change his/her Program once he/she has begun the Program, the Participant will be charged our relevant Program extension fees, details of which can be obtained from our Remote Internships representatives. Such requests must be made at least two weeks prior to the Program start date immediately following the date upon which the Participant’s original Program ends. We reserve the right to refuse any such requests.
- In the event that a Participant decides to discontinue his/her Program after it has started but before it is due to end for any reason, no refund will be given by Us. If a Participant chooses to discontinue his participation prior to remote internship placement or the Placement Deadline, not refund of the Deposit will be given by Us.
- If, for whatever reason, excluding force majeure, We have to cancel one of our Programs prior to the Participant starting the Program and for reasons which are in no way attributable to the Participant, a full refund of the Program fee including the Deposit will be given to the Participant. No compensation will be given by Us for any other costs incurred in relation to the Program by the Participant or any other person.
Acceptance Letter Conditions
- Candidates that have been accepted to the Remote Internships program will receive a customized “Acceptance Letter” via their Application Dashboard. The Acceptance letter provides a short-list of remote internship positions that the Candidate has been matched with.
- Candidates will be asked to identify their ranking of the Acceptance Letter positions. Candidates must identify a minimum of 5 pre-approved remote internship positions. If no ranking is provided by the Candidate, all Acceptance Letter positions will be assumed to be pre-approved.
- It is common for new remote internship opportunities to become available during the placement process. Remote Internships may introduce new positions to the Candidate and request their approval during the placement process. If a new position is approved by the Candidate, it will be added to the list of pre-approved remote internship positions.
- Remote Internships guarantees acceptance to one of the Candidate’s pre-approved remote internship positions. Pre-approved positions may be included in the Acceptance Letter or added upon the approval of the Candidate during the placement process. If a Candidate withdraws from the program prior to the Placement Deadline or is confirmed to a pre-approved remote internship position, the Deposit will not be eligible for any refund.
Website, Sales, remote internship, and Promotional Materials
- Remote Internships may provide Candidates with written and/or verbal host company and/or remote internship descriptions. remote internship positions are inherently dynamic and the needs of our host companies may change over time. Therefore, Remote Internships cannot guarantee the accuracy of written or verbal host company or remote internship descriptions. Remote Internships is not responsible for discrepancies between our remote internship descriptions and the remote internship activities and responsibilities assigned to the Participant by their host company.
- The content and information displayed on our website and other promotional material is believed to be valid and correct but We are not liable, and you shall not hold Us responsible, for any misinformation or ambiguities in such content. The Program fee is subject to change without notice and you may be liable for any increased Program fee unless your full Program fee has already been paid to Us.
- We reserve the right to for information voluntarily provided to us by the Candidate in our promotional material. We do not make any payments to individuals in respect of such use. We may (but are not obliged to) reproduce the photographs (or part of them) in our promotional material including, without limitation, posters, advertisements, printed publications, on our website and social media website pages. Copyright in the photographs will belong to Remote Internships. We will not use your image, or any other information you provide, for any other purpose. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you consent to your photographic data to be used for our promotional purposes.
The Program Format
- We reserve the right to change our suppliers and the format of our Program as for and when necessary at our discretion and without requiring the consent of the Participant. We will, however, attempt to provide as similar a Program as possible at all times.
- It is your responsibility to be aware of any national holidays or other events including company holidays, that may change the nature of your Program. While most companies operate on a 8-hour shift basis with two days off per week, some may have different requirements and We cannot be held responsible for this.
- International flights are not included in the cost of any of our Programs. You must buy your own airplane tickets to fly to the country of your remote internship. We are not responsible to you for any damages or costs due to any action, negligence or event relating to the purchase or operation of flight tickets or flights. We are also not responsible for any costs or refunds due to changes or delays in flights. In some locations within the US, Participants’ contact details will be forwarded to a designated contact at our partner flight and insurance provider, however it is the Participant’s choice whether to use our recommended provider or not and We take no responsibility for any consequences arising from this decision.
- Transportation of the Participant from the agreed airport in the country of the remote internship outside the hours of 9AM to 9PM or not on the specified arrival day will incur a charge determined by the destination of your remote internship. If you do not notify Us of your flight arrival details at least one week prior to arrival in the destination of the remote internship, We cannot guarantee an airport pickup. If you arrive in the remote internship destination before the start date of your program, or if you stay later than the end date of your program, you can request to stay in the designated Program accommodation for extra nights. Any requests of this nature must be received by Us at least 2 weeks in advance of the program start date. The reservation of extra accommodation is subject to availability and the payment of additional fees.
- If the Participant should experience any problems while partaking in our Program, he/she must immediately inform Us in writing by email or letter to the email or postal address of the Remote Internships office that is the location of the Participant’s Program, with a clear explanation of the problem. In such an event, We will discuss the problem with the Participant and will discuss ways in which the problem can be solved. We are not responsible for any conversations or anything that is said by Us or on our behalf unless it is recorded in written form either in an email or letter sent by Us to you.
- Remote Internships is not responsible for any problems related to our host companies including, but not limited to, conflicts with other employees or staff and intern responsibilities and activities. remote internship roles and responsibilities are at the sole discretion of host companies and Remote Internships cannot guarantee any aspect of an remote internship or host company. As stated in Section 14, Remote Internships does not guarantee the accuracy of written or verbal remote internship descriptions. If a Participant does experience problems with their remote internship or host company and notifies Remote Internships within the first two weeks of their remote internship, Remote Internships may contact the host company or reassign the Participant to a new remote internship or Host Company. However, Remote Internships has no obligation to resolve a problem or reassign the Participant.
- The Participant agrees to abide by and/or otherwise comply with any applicable rules and/or internal policies or guidelines of the assigned remote internship company or training course provider. The Participant agrees to discuss any problems in his/her placement with our staff in writing by email or letter prior to discussion with any third party, such as the assigned remote internship company. If the assigned remote internship company terminates a Participant’s placement prior to the end of the stated time as a result of the Participant’s inadequate or unhelpful participation, prolonged or repeated absence from work and scheduled meetings, insufficient communication, incomplete assignments, or repeated tardiness, no refund of Program fees will be given and We are under no obligation to provide another placement. In such a case, the Participant will be required to cease all communications with the host company.
- If the Participant wishes to terminate his/her placement prior to the end of the time stated in the offer letter for any reason, he/she must provide Us with written notice prior to placement termination, clearly stating the reasons for such a decision. No refund of Program fees will be made in this situation and no other placements will be offered.
- All Participants are responsible for their own safety during the Program and neither the Company nor the assigned remote internship company is responsible or liable for, sickness, loss, damage, expense or hazard encountered or incurred by the Participant during the program.
Compliance of Rules, Local Laws and Acting Responsibly
- In situations where the Participant does not comply with the rules of the assigned remote internship company or rules of our Program or any applicable laws, We may cancel the Program of the Participant by notice to the Participant and no refund will be granted to the Participant and the Participant will be required to cease all communications with the host company.
- Participants will take full responsibility for their conduct at all times during the Program. The Participant will not act irresponsibly.
Third Party Behavior or Actions
- We take no responsibility and are not liable for any third party behavior or actions including but not limited to that of the assigned remote internship company.
- Any damages to the assigned remote internship company during a Participant’s placement with it, which in all cases, the Participant shall be responsible and liable for.
- In instances where the assigned remote internship company demands it, the Participant agrees to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement with the assigned remote internship company. Regardless of whether or not the assigned remote internship company requires a written Non-Disclosure Agreement, the Participant agrees to respect and keep confidential the Intellectual Property and any confidential information of the assigned remote internship company.
- We are not responsible for the workload provided by the assigned remote internship company whether it is of a high intensity or low intensity. In such situations, the Participant should discuss the problem with Us and We will attempt to resolve the issue accordingly.
- Our aggregate maximum liability is limited to the Program Fee.
- This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between the parties and supersedes all previous agreements between the parties relating to its subject matter.
- Each party acknowledges that, in entering into this agreement, it has not relied on, and shall have no right or remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made negligently or innocently) other than as expressly set out in this agreement.
- A person who is not a party to this agreement shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
- The rights of the parties to terminate, rescind, or agree any variation, waiver or settlement under this agreement is not subject to the consent of any person that is not a party to this agreement.
- If any provision of the agreement (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed not to form part of this agreement, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this agreement shall not be affected.